goods and services
The “Procession of Princes” or “Princely Procession” (Fürstenzug) panel is a wall tile panel from the famous Meissen porcelain in Dresden. The panel is laid out on the outside of the Long Gallery building – part of the former Stables yard. As the name implies, the panel depicts a solemn equestrian procession and is one of the most famous attractions of the old city of Dresden.
The “Procession of Princes” panel is the world’s largest wall tile image in the world.
Its total area is 957 square meters, its length is 120 meters, its height is 10.5 meters, and the number of porcelain tiles measuring 20 × 20 centimeters required for its manufacture reaches 25 thousand. Continue reading
The German Cathedral in Berlin (Deutscher Dom) is a church located in the German capital, in the Friedrichstadt district.
Together with the French Cathedral and the Concert Hall, the German Cathedral is part of the holistic architectural composition of the Gendarmenmarkt square, one of the most famous and beautiful sights in the historic center of Berlin.
If, being on Gendarmenmarkt Square, you look at the Konzerthaus of Berlin, the German Cathedral will be on the left and the French Cathedral on the right.
German Cathedral Architecture
The German Cathedral was built by Martin Grünberg in 1708. It was originally called the New Church (Neue Kirche). Together with the French Cathedral located opposite, the German Cathedral forms a pair similar to the twin churches in Piazza del Popolo in Rome. Continue reading
Berlin Cathedral attracts many tourists from all over the world with its impressive architecture. This is about 720 thousand people annually. Often it is called the Entrance Gate to the Museum Island.
The history of the Berlin Cathedral is closely connected with the Hohenzollern dynasty. As far back as the 15th century, when the construction of the palace was started nearby, a palace chapel was also required, which was initially used as the already standing Dominican brick church.
In 1536, the duke Joachim II Hector, who had just come to power, ordered the construction of a new church in the Gothic style. To this Joachim carried the dust of his father and grandfather. Since then, the new church has become the burial place of all the Hohenzollerns. Continue reading